Monday, December 22, 2014

Our 25 Books of Christmas

In our house we have a tradition of wrapping 25 Christmas books up for the boys to unwrap every day of December.  This year mommy went a little nuts and instead of using the bazillion Christmas books we already have I decided to get a bunch of new ones.  Hee hee hee sometimes mommy needs to give herself a present and new books for the boys always fulfills that one, with Daddy Geeks approval of course.  Not only did he approve, he decided I needed a new place to put all of the books that I have collected or my mom has gotten for us, so he got me a library, which was delivered the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.  My Library is a 8.5ftx45ft by 9.5ft tall cargo container, I will do a different post on it's delivery and the fun that went along with that.
We started Advent Sunday November 30, 2014 this year by opening the 6 books above. I went a little overboard with the first night because I wanted to give the Ace Collins books, which we have been reading since Buggies first Christmas from the library. We have been reading Tabitha's Travels pretty diligently, which I'm happy about, Bobo wasn't into it at first  but now even he wants it read every night.  We got Joy to the World:Advent, we did not get into this book at all this year so I have put it aside for next year.  My 7 yr old Buggie loves The Adventure Christmas Children Traditions and read it every day and asked to do something out of it every day.  Now I had a plan and was going to bake, craft and do songs and books every day of December, but due to the whole family getting sick for a week and a half and right now I have my Buggie throwing up most of the day. Well that didn't happen so my new plan is that we will take the next month and do all the things we wanted to do during December and try to do it throughout the new year after all the craziness is over and when the real cold kicks in to visit our neighbors and do community service projects.  The guys don't know about this yet so I will see how it goes.  They are usually the ones who lead and ask where we are going next to help. 
These are all the books that we got each day this year.  Always check and see if Amazon has them first, I bought all mine in October so most of these links are not Amazon.  I bought over 15 books from the same vendor, hippo_books, for $0.01 a book and $3.99 for shipping, which I thought was good, then I asked if they would cut me a discount since I was buying so much from them and they cut my charge from $60 to $30.  Also make sure to check some of my links they may be kindle books.
 
 
Hopefully this will give you some help or spark your own imagination for a new family tradition.  I hope the Christmas season is living in your hearts and you are passing it along to others.
God Bless.
Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment