Friday, July 23, 2010

99 Memorable Experiences

Ok here we go...

Rebecca at theblessingsofmoderndomestication did this fun blog post listing 99 Memorable Experiences. I thought why not have some fun too. I left some of her answers and added to others.

Here are 99 Memorable Experiences


1. started my own blog, but totally slack at keeping it up
2. slept under the stars cuddled with my baby
3. played the flute
4. visited Thailand
5. watched a meteor shower
6. gave birth to my baby boy after lots of labor and then a C-section
7. walked many trails
8. climbed many rock faces
9. visited Hawaii
10. shot many handguns and rifles, hitting target spot on almost every time
11. given more to charity than you could afford to
12. camped out in the rain
13. watched a thunder and lightning storm many times and still in awww of an awesome and mighty Creator God
14. road a bus to TN with education friends for a Conference
15. driven and used many farm and construction machines
16. cut down a tree with a chain saw
17. raised, shown and sold too many to count rabbits
18. touched manta ray
19. Visited Mexico from the border of TX
20. shown horses
21. had a pillow fight with my son
22. held a cicada
23. lived on a farm for lots of my life, the city is the hard part for me
24. built a snow fort
25. milked and had hand almost broken by a cow
26.
27. sat my baby in a hammock
28. saw the humpback whales in HI
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise & sunset
31. played and managed a volleyball team
32. ridden an elephant
33. ridden a raft down the ChaingMai river in Thailand
34. ridden in a tuktuk
35. Ate fresh fish MahiMahi in HI
36. tried water tubbing
37. sung a solo
38. cook for my friends
39. married my best friend (AMEN to that)
40. had pet cats and dogs
41. sung karaoke
42. grown your own vegetables
43. slept on a 33 hr cross continent flight
44. walked up Devils Head in Oahu
45. had a snowball fight
46. held a baby foal
47. helped a cow give birth, keep the calf alive for 2 hrs and watch the poor thing die
48. danced in the rain
49. enjoyed a wedding and time in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
50. had friends take me to Hawaii
51. gone snorkeling
52. seen the sunken boats in Oahu
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a sit-in movie theater in a friends backyard
55. walked the streets of Washington DC
56. Enjoyed Washington DC with my mom
57. started a business
58. taken a painting class
59. been on road trips cross country in my youth
60. had my picture taken in a field of flowers
61. sold girl scout cookies
62. enjoyed many a boat ride
63. gotten flowers for no reason
64. given in secret
65. made a wish on a coin toss in a fountain
66. wore a Mexican sombrero
67. visited the Apple Valley, MN and Omaha, NE zoo
68. sat in a WW II fighter plane
69. saved a favorite childhood toy
70. visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. eaten oysters
72. ridden a motorcycle
73. stood next to a stealth fighter
74. been in the whispering caves of SD
75. been cave exploring
76. put my feet in both the Atlantic ocean
77. broken a bone
78. been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. watched right before the birth of my sister (was great birth control major)
80. drove manual transmition while learning to drive a car
81. toured the USS Freedom in Duluth, MN
82. purchased a car in cash (no loan) my first after getting my drivers license
83. flown to many hrs in a twin engine plane
84. walked where the massacre at Wounded Knee happened
85. swam in glacier potholes (they are like giant rock pools)
86. visited The outside of the White House
87. gone to the undergrown waterfall in Chattanogga, TN
88. had chickenpox
89. donated blood
90. toured the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC
91. met someone famous
92. had your picture in the newspaper
93. seen the Alamo in person
94. seen the nutcracker ballet lots
95. enjoyed a symphony in Chicago
96. joined friends at a dance club
97. bought a house and turned it into our home
98. watched my younger brother spin pottery on a wheel (so awesome)
99. had a baby & want to do it again soon

100. I have so many new things to do with my baby boy now......


I will totally agree that it was fun to remember some of the fun things I've been able to experience in my life. Thank you God for the opportunities and my hubbie for most of the follow thru.

God Bless

Love Gretchen

No comments:

Post a Comment